FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation to cash (and not travel bank)
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:44 pm
wendyc12

Programs: VA, QR
Originally Posted by OZFLYER86
international travel ex Australia, is open to everyone who's vaccinated from Nov 14, 2021. Catch is many who are going then would have already booked. For $1200 credit, you might end up with $300. Is it worth it for all the hassle ? Most Australians won't deal with any foreign entity selling travel these days after many weren't able to refund, cancelled flights etc.

Think Ozbargain classifieds are only for members who have joined at least a year ago.

Maybe try putting an advert on ebay & see if you get any response. Ad is cheap if you don't sell.
The travel bank can be used for domestic AU flights too can't they? And don't need to be used up in the one booking? So I was thinking Hawkeyefan could sell it to people flying, say, the MEL-SYD route where capacity and demand will ramp up in the next few months. I was thinking a 20% haircut to the $1200 face value would be more than sufficient to entice people.

I agree that people won't trust foreign agencies as much post-pandemic, but this 1:1 kind of selling is not exactly your overseas travel agency sort of thing and people would make a distinction between the two (I can't imagine Hawkeyefan would charge fees etc like a travel agency would).

Thanks for the intel re ozbargain classifieds - never done it myself so didn't know such a rule existed.