FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska First Is So Much Better Than American First
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:18 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I hope you are kidding, AS SEA N gate lounge is very nice, but still far to be almost on par with ANY flagship lounge, provide pre pandemic I frequent flagship at ORD, JFK, LAX, and a week ago at the reopen MIA flagship, AS lounge only has 1/10 of the food from the flagship lounge
Also I found AS lounge agents are really incompetent, any ticket issues they direct me to call AS reservation instead, they are not authorized to do any changes, lack of knowledge, to I ask about where is my plane came from since I saw no plane at my gate at boarding, he responds he has no ability to find out, what a joke, these are the AS lounge agents no matter at SEA or LAX.
1) No question that the AL does not compare in any way to the FL F&B offerings. While the N lounge is a lovely physical space, it is somewhat like comparing a Holiday Inn express gormay buffay with an executive lounge at a luxury hotel.

2) i do take issue with the "incompetent" comment. Not trained and/or not authorized to do something is a company issue, and not the fault of what might be a perfectly intelligent and capable agent. While this can materially affect the AS F experience, it is because of AS staffing and policy (i.e. company incompetence), not agent incompetence.