FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation to cash (and not travel bank)
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:37 pm
OZFLYER86
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I have around $1200 AUD tied up in Travel Bank with V.Aus from a trip we were supposed to go on March 2020 (I know should have went in Feb 2020, right?). There is little to no chance of our family traveling to AUS anytime soon, our desire to go has faded since AU seems to be more of a police state now, and prob wont be able to go there before 2023 anyway. How can I get my money back as a refund? Or how can I be crerginative with the Travel Bank funds to get something worthwhile out of them?
couple of points
1) as at today, all fully vaccinated Australians can depart Australia from 14NOV 21 & it looks like foreigners can enter from 1JAN 2022(so guess you could get on a flight to Australia, from evening of 30 Dec 21.

2) don't think the new Virgin has anything to do with the old Virgin. New Virgin could have simply said, we're not the old Virgin & so your $1200 is gone.

The new Virgin is unlikely to be flying between Australia & USA before 2023, unless they start flying B737s, with 2 stops.
(I have done Australia to USA on B737s - Fiji Airways from Australia to Fiji & then onto Hawaii & then Alaska Airlines to west coast)