FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Oct 6, 2021, 9:28 pm
_kurt

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Agree. They never intended for this to be for random solo businesses as sole proprietors and minimal revenue, Nice enough to show us the door rather than going to war.
While I’m not going to celebrate these changes, I agree they are pretty reasonable. Anyone who wasn’t crediting at least a few thousand dollars a year to the program wasn’t getting the most out of it anyway. Points expire 2-3 years after they are earned. I did appreciate the ability to get a couple Admirals Club passes even in the lean years when travel was down (which I gave away to my employees or colleagues) but no big deal.

I do take exception to the fact that businessextra.com is, right this very minute, advertising “Business Extra is is free to join and there's no minimum spend requirement.” While that is technically true it seems deceptive. They are also still highlighting Three Twins Ice Cream in their customer spotlight. The founder of that company was a well-known flyertalker but if I’m not mistaken the business failed some time ago.