FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Q4 2021 Chase Freedom Cards--5% bonus: Walmart & Paypal Purchases
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:49 am
mfFrom35K

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Originally Posted by Chris58
This is an interesting idea I never thought of.

I just went to PayUSA tax and started to try this, but stopped after reading the statement in red saying, "If this is a joint account, please use the primary taxpayer's SSAN".

Two questions, do you file married filing jointly or married filing separately?

Do you have two separate IRS online accounts for both yourself and your wife?
We file married filing jointly. We do have two separate IRS online accounts to check the posting of payments. I have been doing this for multiple years; first with pay1040.com and the last two years with PayUSAtax (to get the Chase Bonus and also because it is now cheaper than Pay1040). Pay1040 actually asks for both tax IDs but PayUSAtax does not.

I just ignore the warning as the IRS has been able to properly apply the payments.

I am a bit surprised that my attempts have failed after two with different tax IDs this time as I don't see how PayUSAtax even has any data connecting our two tax IDs. I doubt they have some kind of API with the IRS to screen this out but who knows. In any case I will now be waiting until Dec 15 to try again but will also assume that only two more attempts will work.. Might have to do some shopping at Walmart.