FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:35 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
This property gets overall very positive reviews. Given that pretty much all the Waikiki Marriott options have cut elite benefits, I don't see this property's historic evasion of the breakfast benefit as a basis for a blanket "do not stay."
This property has had a long history of skirting the Marriott requirements for it's traveler more in particular elite, does anyone remember when they first opened and elite "breakfast" was a table with tea/coffee? Yes the majority of flags have reduced their overall benefits to us and will continue too. In Honolulu would you recommend Laylow over the beach front properties for what an upgrade? I think their room sizes mirror the Courtyard close by. Same type of conversation, old very old property much like the Courtyard or the Hyatt Place. Maybe I have become cynical in my aging with over 4300 room nights at Marriott nearing 4 mm air miles I do have authority here. My profession is construction general engineering 50% of our work pertains to hotel/hospitality properties.

My point is stay on the beach.