FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost wedding ring
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:20 pm
tardyturtle

Programs: DL DM
I’ll share my experience with this sort of thing. I once left an iPad in a seat back pocket. Long story short, I was going to watch a video on a late flight but fell asleep and awoke right when we got to the gate and totally forgot about the iPad as I was in the first row to deplane and didn’t want to hold things up.

I used the form online but read rumors online that not much happens when you fill out that form, and everything that isn’t matched up within a certain timeframe gets shipped to a warehouse somewhere in the southeast to go on auction.

I found the arrival airport’s baggage department phone number (eg for if your baggage was lost/delayed) and got a message that said “If you lost something, please fill out the online form. Goodbye”… And then I heard the universal answering machine beep. So I left a message (even though the message didn’t invite me to). Less than an hour later, I got a call from a really nice baggage agent who looked and actually FOUND the iPad. I had to create a UPS account for them to bill the shipping to but they shipped it to me safely.

I’d advise doing anything you can to get in touch with the Delta baggage desk at the arrival airport.

Good luck!