FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What happens when dropping status levels – E+ access, upgrade priority & similar Qs
Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:28 am
FoCo Finch

Status will lapse this year - what happens to benefits for tickets in '22?

Hi all -

I have some tickets for travel in 2022 that include free bags and complimentary Econ+ seats thanks to my current status level in 2021. I'm not currently travelling and am unlikely to have any status with United next year unless I do a mileage run to get enough PQP for the current promotional challenge.

So, if my status lapses, and I have no status at all for 2022, will I lose the 2 free bags for me+companions that are currently associated with my ticket? Will I also lose those complimentary Econ+ seats and get pushed back to regular economy (or would this just happen in the event of an equipment change where they need to play musical chairs and realize I no longer have status)?

I have an opportunity to do a mileage run to re-up, but frankly I'm not sure it's worth it especially if folks here tell me free bags and Econ+ seats aren't really at-risk (if, for example, they were "earned" from 2021 status and therefore won't drop off even if I don't have status in 2022)..

Thanks!