FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus / COVID-19 : general fact-based reporting
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:37 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hurnik
What do you consider 'close enough' in terms of %? I think it's currently about 72% (about 45 million fully vaccinated) and about 100k vaccinations/day, (yes I know that not everyone can get it, like those under 16 or whatever the current age range is). If you mean the 16 and over, I think it's already around 90% with BBC reporting 9 in 10 over the age of 16 having had a single jab)?
I mean 16 and over, so that is 89.8% of those 16+ have had one dose as of yesterday, and 82.5% have had both jabs. So in a few days we should hit 90%, and the final figure is going to be about 92%, we think, though the tail effect will make the final 2% seem hard work. I see ages 12 to 15 as being a bonus. And in reality from Monday there will be very few COVID restrictions left, at least for those vaccinated. Some colleges are being slow to return to large class teaching, but that's about all I can think of for those vaccinated. Unvaccinated people have a few more restrictions, mainly when travelling, or if they work in care homes, but it's not a lot. Mask wearing has clearly reduced but is to some extent visible in some locales.