FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Sep 25, 2021, 6:52 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
GVA - Genève Cointrin

I don't remember if we had pictures here of AFKL GVA lounge since the renovation (no link from the wiki), so here are mines

Name of the lounge : GVA AF/KL lounge

Location : French sector, near gates F, upstairs. The lounge has 2 entrances : one the French side (used usually by AF pax) and one on the Swiss side (usually used by KL pax). Note 09/21 : Most of the France sector is closed for renovation work. For a period of 4 months, all operations are from the Swiss side (AF checkin counters, security checkpoint). During that period the lounge is accessible only from the Swiss side.

Opening Hours : unknown, but likely linked to 1st and last AFKL flights

Entry requirements : usual AFKL/ST requirements.

Food offer : I was there in the morning at non-meal times. Food offering was very limited : French pastries under plastic , carrot salad, cereals, a few (non-inspiring) sandwiches, yoghourts. Don't know if the offering is better at meal times.

Drinks offer : white and red wines, liquors, soft drinks, water fountain (no more individual bottles). No Champagne (may be proposed at later times ?)

Services

Wifi: yes (specific network)

Showers: no

Toilets: no (but very close to the Swiss access door)

Quiet zone: no

Loungers/sleep area: no

Business area: no

Spa: no

TV area: no (don't remember if there is a TV in the lounge)

Passengers are called: yes

Information screen: yes

Newspapers: no (but that may be a Covid thing - for our safety of course )

There is an Ultimate area (1st picture) and a P area (2nd picture). Both do not provide privacy.

Other information

Number of seats: approx 50

Level of noise: low when I was there

Design: typical current AF lounge design

View: no (there are windows but view is not on the apron)

Multi floors: no

Terrace: no

Smoking area: no

Direct boarding: no (but AF gates are very close)