FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using two Companion vouchers for four people same itinerary
Old Sep 23, 2021, 8:39 am
V1213

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
I just wanted to report back that I had success using 2 westjet-wide companion vouchers for the four of us on one trip. Whether technically I was bending the rules is a matter of debate. I called the Westjet priority gold support line (the agent was extremely nice and helpful), they had to book the flights on two separate itineraries, and I was also able to use up all my accumulated westjet dollars as well! I'm a very delighted Westjet Gold customer!!
Originally Posted by Jono
My wife and I each have our own RBC WJ MasterCards, so we often have 2 companion vouchers available to use for our family of 5. In my experience, it is possible to use them both, but it requires calling in to a phone agent, and what they actually do is make two separate bookings with one voucher one each, but link them together so the system recognizes the larger group as travelling together. You do end up with multiple booking references, so checking in becomes a bit more cumbersome to ensure you can select seats together (I did it using multiple browser windows), but nonetheless we have done it and lived to tell the tale.
These outcomes sound logical - you have 2 bookings, and each uses 1 companion voucher normally and within the T&Cs. The fact that the bookings are for the same flights, and you may select adjacent seats is irrelevant.

This is something that any companion voucher holder could do online (make 2 separate bookings), but you'd be best to call WestJet to link the bookings once you're done.
Originally Posted by MelG23
I just spoke to a girl on the phone after waiting on hold 1.5 hours and she just told me no- I can’t use two companion vouchers for one trip even if paying two full fares. I asked to speak to a manager as my vouchers are about to expire and she put me on the same hold line that later said our offices are now closed. I hate WestJet- they always provide a negative experience and frankly I’ll be canceling my card now. No point!!
Based on the experiences of others, just make 2 separate bookings on the website yourself.