FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:02 pm
LimaWhiskey

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
What I think would be interesting to understand is how those who are continuing to encounter issues have (or haven't) completed the required information compared to those who have successfully received their damages.
All I'm hearing here is frustrated noise and vendetta which I agree is probably a vent, but ultimately serves nobody any real purpose or allows progression in solving the problem. Can you be absolutely certain that you've provided ALL the required information within the timeframe set out by ShieldPay? Or has something gone astray which is causing delay - be that intentional data retention or otherwise? As someone who who provided all the data needed and received the award owed to me within 3 weeks, I don't know if this was down to pure luck or because I did everything that was asked of me.
Not having a go at anyone in particular, just seems strange that many people have received theirs and yet others haven't. If that were me I'd be wanting to ensure my house was completely in check (not just making the assumption).before shouting my mouth off.... which with NDA's afoot and an unwillingness to share specifics here is potentially always going to be challenging to accomplish.
I filled out the original form from ShieldPay the day they sent it.

Two weeks later I wrote ShieldPay, asking them to confirm receipt of the information, and requesting that they check and see that they had all they needed.

A tech support agent replied, telling me to check the FAQ. Their FAQ says they won’t answer questions, and to wait.

In their verbiage, ShieldPay promises to pay you, within 21 days of completing their checks.

They don’t make any promises about when they will start their checks. I assume my file is at the bottom of the pile, for some reason.