FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA planning to launch ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick in 2022
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:25 pm
krispy84

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Sigwx
Breaking:

The ballot has been pulled and that’s it. Looks like no more BA branded SH ops out of LGW.
Originally Posted by Sigwx
In short, key protections that were pivotal to a BALPA recommendation for the deal were reneged on by BA. The ballot had been extended by a week to allow proper adjustments to be made, alas at what was considered to be the original zero hour BA refused to honour a previously negotiated pledge. Am I Surprised? No.

let’s see what the next week brings but I’m highly sceptical that any future ballot would bring a vote of acceptance given the events internally of the past 48 hours.
Originally Posted by Boeing77W
According to BA, the plan was contingent on the unions accepting the new proposal. If it was a ‘No’ then BA would have to pull out of SH at LGW.

Some last minute changes/revelations have meant the BALPA ballot has been pulled. Whether this means LGW SH is now a no go remains to be seen, no comment has been made by BA.
If BA want to operate out of LGW long term, they will do. Despite ballots etc, they’ll secure a new legal entity allowing them to do as they wish (within reason). IMO obvs.

I think they do and they will.