FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:11 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
…Also, those two apps did not trigger a hard pull. Presumably bc longtime amex cardholder? They were pop ups in my account. Is this also generally the case with email offers?
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
…There are many blog posts and also a thread here indicating that AmEx does not do a hard pull for existing cardholders. Few reports of differences between account pop-up and emailed offers, uncertain if that’s because there is no difference or because few people have experienced it. …
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
What were the differences? More hard pulls for emailed offers? Just curious. Mine were pop ups or were in my account as sidebar offer or in the membership offers like the $10 credit for $30 Apple Pay.
Sorry, I was trying to answer 2 questions with one sentence.

There are many blog posts and also a thread here indicating that AmEx does not do a hard pull for existing cardholders (regardless of application via emailed offer or application via account pop-up offer or application via account sidebar offer).

Break

There are few, if any, reports of different pop-up probability and/or different hard pull occurrence between emailed and account pop-up offers and account sidebar offers. It’s unknown if those few-if-any reports are because there is no difference or because there have been few occurrences to report.

Summary: There are almost no reports of different frequency of pop-up and frequency of hard pull based on an application via an emailed offer or an application via an account pop-up offer or an application via an account sidebar offer.

Break
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I'm guessing SUB means bonus, but is it actually an acronym for something?
UA Fan, my apologies. Based on your seniority and participation on other credit card threads, I presumed you were familiar with “SUB”. Good to see that your question was answered quickly.