FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:57 am
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by UA Fan
… email has lifetime language … apply link …no lifetime language …
Which one counts?
Considering AmEx can only be trusted as far as you can spit, only way to be certain is to apply and meet the MS and see if the SUB posts. FWIW, I’d go with the last thing you see during the application process; in the situation you describe, I’d go for it.

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
… Those of you with multiples within months: any issues with getting SUB? …
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Datapoint: Applied yesterday (1-2 weeks ago) for my second AmEx Business Plat (with no lifetime verbiage in offer terms). … via offer on my AmEx offers list, instant approval. Very pleasantly surprised.

… For the first account (6-7 months ago), perhaps due to my call to request a different statement date, my first statement was 63 days after account opening date and I had to meet the minimum spend twice on 2 different statements before AmEx posted it (SUB). Hope they don’t jerk me around for the bonus this time….
Card above received via FedEx 1 day after approval. I was away for a few days, 3-4 days later called AmEx to confirm card and SUB and closing date, next day met MS with an estimated tax payment, SUB posted on-line 1 day later.

Teaching point: for timely posting of AmEx SUB, do not change statement closing date prior to SUB posting and first statement.

Illogical AmEx SUB Policies: AmEx has its “once per lifetime” policy which is completely ignored for the multiple Business Plat and Business Gold accounts reported by several people here. And, I’ve received the pop-up (no bonus) several times during the past 6 months for other AmEx applications with arguably much less valuable SUBs (Business Green 25K MR, Marriott Bonvoy Business 100K or 70K Bonvoy). Wondering what their rationale is.

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
… two apps did not trigger a hard pull. Presumably bc longtime amex cardholder? They were pop ups in my account. Is this also generally the case with email offers?
There are many blog posts and also a thread here indicating that AmEx does not do a hard pull for existing cardholders. Few reports of differences between account pop-up and emailed offers, uncertain if that’s because there is no difference or because few people have experienced it.

BREAK

There have been many reports of highly generous AmEx retention offers. Wondering about datapoints for retention offers when one has multiples of an identical card?