FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2nd Round Bonus JAL FOP
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:08 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
These rounds are pointless for us who are not in Japan. Those in Japan can fly domestic to reach that next tier (or even have a credit card for 5,000 FOP) while we have no where to fly even COVID isn't a concern (but it still is a concern) unless we make Tokyo a transfer point (and some destinations are not even possible to make same day turn given Narita does not allow overnight and Haneda doesn't have all the destinations).

I am not sure what's lost for JAL that they are not renewing the membership. Most of us are not even flying these past two years to utilize the benefits and is it better to drop us?
Except for Crystal (as I was reminded) you have all of the JAL group points to retain your status. So depending on where you are based there are options to gain the points needed. But it is also a fair amount of flying in any area.

I don't think a lot of people are aiming for this to raise their status level, but just to keep it. Keeping was also the point of the post I replied to above. Going from Sapphire to JGC Premier basically on domestic runs is quite pricey in Japan, so the takers are going to be limited.