FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:23 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Huh? Any AA international long-haul flight is “flagship” service, and all business class passengers on those flights are entitled to use the Flagship Lounge where available. PHL was one of the later airports to get a FL probably because there wasn’t as much of a competitive reason to offer the better lounge experience. Certainly pre-pandemic there was a ton of long-haul international “flagship” service from PHL. Are they really not even serving PHL-LHR now?
Yes, LHR is among the 5 destinations served from PHL. I should have been more specific in my comment about what constitutes FS, which I believe is the whole experience. What is different between a FS JFK-LHR business class flight vs. a FS PHL-LHR business class flight? Answer: The pre-flight experience.

So, yes, if PHL is marketing Flagship service flights, they better darn well start offering the lounge service to go with it. During pre-pandemic times, PHL was, and will in the future be, a huge European hub.