FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:23 am
Pedro M

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Just like pre-covid!

Originally Posted by lunchtime
Sitting in the AA Flagship lounge right now at JFK. Arrived off of a red-eye and granted access immediately.

Pretty much having flashbacks to 2019....
Showers were open ( i used it)
Buffet was pretty much the exact breakfast options of the past
Make your own bloodie mary station
make your own mamosa station
offering a glass of champagne on arrival
Cofffee bar and drinks were all self service
Regular glass cups, regular real plates, Paper Napkins

Compared to my admirals lounge experience a week ago........this was like the exact opposite. Tons of space and good stuff. Really what you remember from 2019 as of right now, not sure if things will change. Lots of AA people watching the experience and greeting everyone welcoming us back.
I just got in to the FL at JFK. I was welcome with a glass of champagne right after the door. Very good food, indeed. The pernil (pork) is very tasty. A selection of sushi, fish, cheeses, etc. makes it significantly better than the AC.

it is quite empty at this time. Maybe as the international flights pick up later in the day it will become busier.

Flagship dining will restart tomorrow

I counter at least 20 people working in the FL, and I see a lower number of flyers. One of the ladies who just brought me another glass of champagne told me that it got very busy yesterday later in the afternoon. I’m
happy things are getting (although slowly) back to normal.