FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:36 am
zonzi

Originally Posted by YOSSARIAN123
Folks,
- first of all, anyone who actually managed to do it successfully via Canada here?
- in general, for people who stayed the 2 weeks out, what does the US port authority look at as a proof of not having been physically present in a banned country in the 14 days preceding the entry?
- would it matter the port of entry in US? She would go from Toronto to RDU
- any Canadian here? So she would stay (with my wife and kids) on a airbnb in Toronto. Any part of that city they should avoid?
- ESTA: I read somewhere in this discussion about ESTA cancellation, but I am still confused. Her ESTA expires in mid October, assuming she flyes before then, is she ok?
thank a lot!
I did it via Turkey but that should be the same story. Folks in reddit group USTravelBan have a lot of trip reports via 3rd country including Canada.

In my case it was airline that checked my lenght of stay based on entry stamps to Turkey. Please be aware that you need 15 nights / full 14 24h days outside of Shengen zone as day of arrival does not count.

Canada has CBP preclearance so flights arrive as domestic flights to USA. Only Covid tests will be needed (antigen or PCR ).

ESTA - no problem with October expiration. Just do not check on-line for the flight as this will automatically flag ESTA as invalid.