FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:34 pm
lhrsfo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Kawada10
As a UK resident, I keep yo-yoing between the option of going to the US this year via Canada (14 day stay) or booking flights direct to New York for mid November in the hope the ban will be lifted by then. Prices for flights to US remain very low. The only problem with the Canada route is obviously it would cost me quite a bit more with the additional Airbnbs and added hassle etc. I noticed looking at flights for UK to Canada prices are still very low even with Canada fully open to Europe... I am wondering if the US ban is lifted, will ticket prices suddenly sky rocket because it will be getting close to the Christmas period? It's unlikely the airline will honour the original price if you need to move the dates forward. Either way I need to make the trip to see loved ones. If anyone is looking at the same scenario or has any thoughts on the best option it would be good to hear them!

Cheers.
I’m looking at Canada also now Mexico is on the red list. The problem with Canada in November is the weather…