FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pile of raw chicken on airport luggage carousel prompts warning from TSA
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:34 pm
HkCaGu

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by WillCAD
Chicken is a fairly ubiquitous food in the US, available in nearly every market at fairly affordable prices. Why the heck would anybody feel the need to transport an entire cooler full of chicken to Seattle? I'm sure there are plenty of places neat SeaTac where you can get a cooler full of chicken. Unless it was some fancy genetically-altered chicken. I doubt you could get lab chicken at the local Safeway or Walmart Supercenter.
Back to my Micronesian suspicion: The RMI has its only consulate worldwide (otherwise they just have a few embassies) in Springdale, Arkansas. Tyson has hired thousands of Marshallese citizens for decades as they don't need green cards to live and work in the US and always have relatives there to smooth out their move. Maybe a Marshallese Arkansas resident with a US airline credit card attending a family reunion in Washington decided to bring the freshest food possible in their favorite type of checked baggage container.