FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Greece - Travel Since Reopening
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:45 am
channonc

Programs: Delta Gold
We are in CDG waiting for our flight back to the US after spending about 10 days in Greece and I thought I would share our Greece experience re: COVID. We started in Santorini, went to Milos, and ended in Athens. As many people mentioned here, if you are vaccinated and be careful to take precautions you should be generally ok. Santorini was probably the most congested place we went but we were careful to avoid crowds when we could. Milos was a breeze. Not many people on the island to begin with and its also not as touristy. We had a fantastic time there and also felt the safest. Overall, the hotels and restaurants did well with COVID measures. The only place we were very nervous was on our ferry ride from Santorini to Milos. The CG officer barely looked at the required vaccination card or negative test result, I know for a fact that he didn't bother checking everyone. Our boat happened to be one of the smaller ones, so even though we booked the highest class ticket we could, we were crammed into a very small seating space with dozens of people-- many of whom were not so compliant with their masks. Add to that the fact that they did not have the air conditioning on so there was absolutely no air circulating. We waited about 72 hours after that ride to do a piece of mind rapid test (both of us were negative). Overall we had a good experience, but we did not participate in any group tours and ate all of our meals outdoors (easy to do in Greece).