FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta picked me up in a Porsche
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:22 pm
Tine Rod

Surprise ride in the Macan and a mini adventure...

My companion and I were flying LAX-MSP-FLL on 8/29. 52 minute connection. LAX-MSP delayed. Seems like we left ~30-40 minutes late, but had a tail wind so I was cautiously optimistic.

I readjusted my wrist-watch in flight and to my surprise when we landed we were about 1h:20mm from departure. I turned to my companion and said "Damn, that was a helluva tail wind! We're all good!". Then I turned my phone off airplane mode and immediately got a notification that boarding had already started. I scratched my head a bit in a haze of confusion, then noticed the time on my phone was 1 hour ahead of the time on my watch. I'm an idiot. I got the time-zone wrong.
I turned to my companion and exclaimed my err. First time here , I have no idea where we are going, but I know we are going to be sprinting. Deplaning is stalled for whatever reason, people cant get their crap together, and we are way up in F deplaning from rear of cabin - of course.

Finally get off, and just as we are about to break into sprint down the jet bridge, I hear someone call my name behind me. I look back and there is a delta agent at the door with my name on an iPad. She tells us follow her out the side door and down the steps. The Macan is waiting at the foot of the stairs. We hop in and peel off. We find our plane and head up the stairs through the side door. But something was amiss. The plane was empty, no passengers, no crew , no lights for that matter. Wrong plane! Jet back down the steps, back in the macan - skirrrrrrrt!! (Actually, the traction control was on. No such sound was emitted). So yada yada yada , we finally get to the plane. Bags miraculously made it on as well, and we set sail.

Soooo... this was basically a first for me and I've been in this exact situation about 3 times prior with Delta. How common is this folks? What gives?

Kudos to Delta all around!

Last edited by Tine Rod; Sep 2, 2021 at 4:29 pm