FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA experience at Manchester
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:17 pm
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by col747uk
Just read the wiki - FAST TRACK IS AVAILABLE SUBJECT TO BA RULES????? I went through all of that experience for nothing?????? I was declined access on a Club Europe ticket, with a BA OneWorld Emerald card attached to my itinerary.

So is Manchester Airport security deciding who goes through Fast Track ?.
I think think this is the second example of this we’ve seen recently. Fast Track IS available to all BA qualified passengers (CE, oneworld sapphire and emerald). It appears some T1 staff are not recognising oneworld designation or Club Europe. I pass through regularly and have not (yet) encountered rejection. If the gatekeeper tries to deny access point out that “Club Europe” is “Business Class” or remind them that sapphire and emerald permit access.

That said, at certain times access to Fast Track might unceremoniously dump you behind a stream of families with perambulators and little cherubs and those with reduced mobility requiring special assistance - this can drastically increase the time it takes to clear the line and, especially with infants in the line, cause many rejected bags with liquids in them meaning long waits for secondary screening.