FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible to short cut listening to the recorded messages
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:26 am
Frequentflyer99

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Also, for those who didn't know. When it asks if you have used Avios, say no, even if you have used Avios as part payment of a cash fare, or the agent won't be able to help!
I made this mistake the other day, but it ended up being a positive rather than a negative. Having selected the Avios option for a part cash / part Avios booking and waited on a 45 min hold (yes 45 mins on the Gold line !!) the very helpful agent - who said she had never heard of more than a 15 min hold on the Gold line and was more shocked about the wait than I was - said she did not think she could do anything with the booking but would give it a try. She was in fact able to make the necessary changes with no problems. She told me that I had been in luck as the wait times for cash booking calls were significantly longer than for Avios bookings.

She also told me that this was not down to BA cost cutting but because so many people had left the company and the travel industry as a whole. She said the call centre staff had being offered more overtime hours than ever before and that they had a whole team of newly trained people starting this week. Good luck to anyone with a complex problem who gets one of them !!