FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Passenger Facial Cover / Mask Use Policy 2020 (Inc. changes)
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:44 pm
jmastron

Originally Posted by GWagonFlyer
So I’m awaiting boarding C for TATL today and I’ve flown all year (so far 100k BIS miles) using the same 5 ply melt blown N99 face masks. The GA told me that my N99 face mask was not good enough to fly and he said that in order to board I need to have a surgical or cloth mask?

All year not a single question ever even in EU countries where only the N95 or better are allowed and this GA thinks he knows all about masks?

He wouldn’t even let me show the certificate for the mask I wear, and shut me down… “There will be no more discussion about this…”

I’m in the PPE business and know a little bit about masks
Maybe you could post a picture of your N99 mask here -- I've seen plenty of people with N95/KN95/etc masks *without valves*; if yours has a valve then that is indeed a "no more discussion" item (even if other agents don't notice), but if not I don't know why it wouldn't be acceptable unless it looks very different. In any case, you might have been able to just put a surgical mask over it covering the valve if present.