FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Aug 17, 2021, 7:24 pm
friedablass

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by cmhatter
I registered an account solely to comment on this... I just had the SAME problem as a Platinum Elite. I'm leaving in a few weeks checking in Aug 30.

I booked a SUNSET OWV on points. When they deducted my points they downgraded me to a standard OWV. No email, no call, nothing.

I have an email in to St Regis and an open ticket with Marriott to find out what happened. Good news is.. I have an email from marriott + st regis confirming my stay in a sunset OWV.
It's not exactly the same issue. OP booked a standard (sunrise) OWV and wanted to upgrade to a sunset one but Marriott said they can only give him a 1 category upgrade to a beach villa (which to him was a downgrade because he preferred an OWV; see my post to see the order in which this property considers their villas for upgrades).

You were outright downgraded from sunset to sunrise which is worse and should obviously be corrected.

How many points did you book the Sunset OWV for? Was that the amount of points deducted from your account?