FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:36 am
diesteldorf

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
While I was browsing the Barclays website, I noticed these credit cards of Wyndham...I digged more into properties and some are really top notch. However, I am not sure if it's worth it. Can you answer these questions:

1) It seems the minimum redemption is 15000 points and the highest is 30000. I randomly checked the top notch ones and did not see any property I can redeem via points!! Only cheap ones are available. Can someone clarify?

2) The business card new 90,000 signup bonus. Is this after total $2,000 or $3,000 spend?

3) Do the annual 15,000 points expire similar to the 1 year free night certificates offered by other chains credit cards? or these are added to the points pool with no restrictions?

4) It seems there is a new offer of stay 2 nights and get the third for free. What is the typical free night at Wyndham system? Any 3 nights and get the fourth for free or so like the IHG system...etc?
Hotels can be constantly changing point redemption availability, due to Covid, so you may want to look further out to find award availability for the higher-end properties.

The 15,000 anniversary points pool, but Wyndham has a hard expiration date of 4 years after points were earned. It's possible to transfer up to 30,000 points per year between Wyndham and Caesar's to restart the 4 year clock.

Personally, I think the stay 2 night, get a 3rd free is a little misleading. Most of those promos will give you a 7500 point bonus after staying 2 nights. It isn't a free night good at any property. 7500 points will only get you a free night at their lower tier properties.

With all that said, the Wyndham Earner Business card will give you Diamond status which can be be matched to Caesar's and can be useful if you like Las Vegas.
It also has great multipliers on gas and utilities--somewhat unique among credit cards, and the 15,000 anniversary bonus, justify the annual fee.