FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)
Old Aug 16, 2021, 2:22 am
NWplatinum

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MidwestSkyCruiser
Had 5 calls this past weekend just to book an itinerary from KIX-HKG(stopover for 3 days)-JFK on CX. The previous 4 calls were either unprofessional or no luck by dialing the 800-252-7522 number. Was desperate until I saw your comment here on this thread. And then boom, the rest were just history. Thanks for the tip! And I left a good feedback for the agent who helped me booking my itinerary by talking directly to his supervisor. Guess just pass it on and helped a brother out!
Im glad I could help out. I’ve been booking these tickets (and EK F before it got discontinued) for years. The main number for AS the agents have zero clue how to help with CX/EK award tickets. Occasionally you’ll get an experienced agent on the Gold/75K line.

But the partner desk is the best way to always go if possible. They also know the lingo if you say to them “how many J seats are you seeing because I am seeing X J seats.” Whereas an agent on the regular number would think you’re speaking Chinese.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Aug 16, 2021 at 2:44 am