FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA & Dubai
Thread: BA & Dubai
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2021, 7:49 am
ratechaser

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If you know someone who's a UAE resident who can fit in your room then get them to book it and check in with you. Resident rates are the lowest they tend to offer.
Hmm, may have to ask one of my team out there for a favour!

Originally Posted by dadio77
yep, had a hotel booking made months ago at a great rate (Dar Al Masyaf direct on HB for £1800 7 nts) so really wanted new flights to match as originals were cancelled by BA and I moved to Feb. Booked my wife and daughter on the two available reward flights last week and waited nervously until today to snag the third (avoided the temptation to make a cash booking at £1700 as plenty of miles to get rid of nowadays!). Bit risky, but it's worked out - I'm now 2hrs in to trying to understand what I need to do with the various tests, apps and forms... 🤪
I sort the holiday, Mrs RC sorts the tests and forms. Fair division of labour in my book

I was also looking at the Anantara, which appeared to be very good value, but given this is the only holiday we've had this year, I will probably just stick to what I know with Atlantis. I just hope that the waterpark isn't too much of a building site right now, as the website suggests some of the older parts are still closed...

General question - how fussy are they about mask wearing when you're in the resorts?