FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus / COVID-19 : general fact-based reporting
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:34 pm
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by outgoing
Maybe I'm glass half empty but I did not even see that in SoCal earlier this month. Everyone was behaving like there was no pandemic. Restaurants and bars were packed, hotel lobbies were packed, very little mask wearing (we were one of few folks with masks on). I expect the behavior to be even less cautious in places like FL or LA.
Depends on where you are and what you're doing. Around Pasadena people never stopped wearing masks when shopping. I haven't been to a restaurant around here, but restaurants and bars would be biased toward people who are comfortable maskless, while many people are still avoiding them. And Pasadena also has one of the highest vaccination rates in the state. My gym had mask-optional and mask required times for a while, and July 1 went to only mask-optional. For a couple weeks there were no masks, and yesterday it was back up to about 25% masked, and I expect it will creep back up.