FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus / COVID-19 : general fact-based reporting
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:09 pm
GadgetFreak
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by ryman554
I'm trying to parse this, and I apologize if I have misstated what your wrote from your actual opinion.

We certainly do not know that the virus was created in the lab. From what I have read, it is possible (note, I did not indicate likeliness) that it was being studied in Wuhan and got out. Wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened, China, US, Europe, or otherwise. But the evidence (such that it is, and the perceived cover-up from the CCP is not helping sway public opinion) is scant, at best.

You are correct, we certainly don’t know. It could have been naturally in the area through some transmission not associated with the lab. It could have been that someone working in the lab went to a remote area to collect for the lab, got infected and brought it back. It could have been brought back to the lab and grown there and escaped or it could have been brought back to the lab, modified and escaped. We simply don’t know at this point in time.