FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 77H new F - some observations
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:09 am
TheFlyingCyclist

Programs: BAEC - Gold
77H new F - some observations

I’ve not seen any reviews of the updated F seat on the new 777-300s (G-STBM/N/O/P). I’ve just returned from a fab trip to Barbados and flew home in the new cabin. A few observations…

No flower in the loo, although the holder is there!

No WiFi (coming later?)

Seat

Screen offset to side and angled away to the centre line of the aircraft, odd. Feels wonky and can’t be adjusted.

The tray table still folds in half, but doesn’t push away as far as it used to, meaning getting out with the table out is very tricky, and I’m a skinny cyclist… it pivots back into the console, although that’s difficult when it’s fully laid.

Gap between side console and seat bench higher than on 787, felt like more room.

Under side console light can be turned off (I read one comment somewhere that said it couldn’t).

Side wardrobe very narrow, really only for a jacket or laptop bag. Side wardrobe now has a separate, removable, hanger. Side wardrobe is connected to the deep storage to the front left, so if you lose something you thought you put in there, it’s in the bottom of the wardrobe… 🤦‍♂️

Headphone socket temperamental, needed gentle wiggle to get good sound.

It seems you can no longer toggle the lights on-off with the buttons. It has to be dimmed, although there is one button that allows you to dim all of them at once.

Overhead panel light - how does that work? No idea.

No automatic window blinds, although the mesh is there to protect them under the side console and the current gap between seat and cabin wall is filled with foam-like pipe lagging. Perhaps the full blind is coming later at first maintenance?

Sides of the suite are nice and high, very private, especially with the door closed in bed mode.

Service

Fantastic crew and great food other than dessert.

Soft product completely as normal.

No PDB and no warm nuts - only a bottle of water.

Menu has lots of choice inc. chocolates which are now Lindt Lindor. 3 choices of starter and main and 2 desserts (cold cake - previous CW dessert - the only thing that really wasn’t great - and ice cream).

4 cheeses - and the chilli jam - yum!

Wine list and spirits etc as usual.

Last edited by TheFlyingCyclist; Aug 9, 2021 at 8:18 am