Wiki Posts
Search

77H new F - some observations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold
77H new F - some observations

I’ve not seen any reviews of the updated F seat on the new 777-300s (G-STBM/N/O/P). I’ve just returned from a fab trip to Barbados and flew home in the new cabin. A few observations…

No flower in the loo, although the holder is there!

No WiFi (coming later?)

Seat

Screen offset to side and angled away to the centre line of the aircraft, odd. Feels wonky and can’t be adjusted.

The tray table still folds in half, but doesn’t push away as far as it used to, meaning getting out with the table out is very tricky, and I’m a skinny cyclist… it pivots back into the console, although that’s difficult when it’s fully laid.

Gap between side console and seat bench higher than on 787, felt like more room.

Under side console light can be turned off (I read one comment somewhere that said it couldn’t).

Side wardrobe very narrow, really only for a jacket or laptop bag. Side wardrobe now has a separate, removable, hanger. Side wardrobe is connected to the deep storage to the front left, so if you lose something you thought you put in there, it’s in the bottom of the wardrobe… 🤦‍♂️

Headphone socket temperamental, needed gentle wiggle to get good sound.

It seems you can no longer toggle the lights on-off with the buttons. It has to be dimmed, although there is one button that allows you to dim all of them at once.

Overhead panel light - how does that work? No idea.

No automatic window blinds, although the mesh is there to protect them under the side console and the current gap between seat and cabin wall is filled with foam-like pipe lagging. Perhaps the full blind is coming later at first maintenance?

Sides of the suite are nice and high, very private, especially with the door closed in bed mode.

Service

Fantastic crew and great food other than dessert.

Soft product completely as normal.

No PDB and no warm nuts - only a bottle of water.

Menu has lots of choice inc. chocolates which are now Lindt Lindor. 3 choices of starter and main and 2 desserts (cold cake - previous CW dessert - the only thing that really wasn’t great - and ice cream).

4 cheeses - and the chilli jam - yum!

Wine list and spirits etc as usual.

Prospero, dcmike, VSLover and 13 others like this.

Last edited by TheFlyingCyclist; Aug 9, 2021 at 8:18 am
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Manual blinds in First? I'm never flying BA again
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
I did read somewhere that the First blinds on all other aircraft will be retrofitted to these new birds (when - who knows!) as well as Wifi, but seems strange they couldn't have been installed upon arrival to LHR to keep things consistent (WIFI prob takes longer).

Pilot37
Old Aug 9, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Good review! I flew in F on a 787-10 yesterday LHR-DFW with a similar seat. No PDB (I asked and they said they were too busy). The headphone socket was very temperamental but I eventually got it to work. I also had one phone charger that caused a horrible hum in the headphones. Was going to ask for another set and I'm glad I didn't since it was caused by my charger. There was a button for the overhead light but the others only worked via the dimmer dial. No individual air vents and it was too hot.
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
the tv being centered would have been an ergonomic disaster--it needs to be at an angle, in line with the seat center line to avoid long term neck pain that would slowly build over 8 hours.

thanks for the pics! my first time wont be until late next month on the refurbed 777
ryanbriar and revorgap like this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:10 pm

Wi-Fi wise, if BA were still planning to install the GoGo 2Ku on those brand new 77Ws I heard (back when I was working at their competitor's) that they'd been impacted by Covid.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Nice. Recently had my first F flights on the 789, beforehand always had flown BA F on the 777 or 744.

Your 77H photo looks very similar to the 789 except
  • Wider panel by the window
  • Glad to see the metal edge. My 789 F's were very worn down
  • The door
I had the same wardrobe challenges. Very narrow and it was open to the storage below.

Even though the 789/X and 77H F looks nice, I still prefer the old 777 F for space. Better foot room and yes the old table was massive.

789 F

For row 1 I still think they had the opportunity to create tons more foot room as the curved front isn't used up to the bulkhead.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by VSLover
the tv being centered would have been an ergonomic disaster--it needs to be at an angle, in line with the seat center line to avoid long term neck pain that would slowly build over 8 hours.

thanks for the pics! my first time wont be until late next month on the refurbed 777
I am working from memory here, but I think the OP must have meant that it is NOT in line with the seat center line. I flew DFW-LHR on a 787-10 a few weeks ago and remember noticing this mis-alignment and mis-angled screen and thinking that it wasn't the first aircraft where I've seen this. (787-9 as well?)
So it is an ergonomic crime. Disaster? Maybe not.
VSLover and TheFlyingCyclist like this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:36 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
The fact I misread the title, saw the picture and assumed it was club suite, says it all
stevie, T8191 and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rayfes
Good review! I flew in F on a 787-10 yesterday LHR-DFW... No PDB (I asked and they said they were too busy). .
Too busy for a PDB in First Class???
That's the BA I remember and so sorely miss... as I'm stuck in AF La Première.
aristoph, NoY, MaxFlyer and 10 others like this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
Too busy for a PDB in First Class???
That's the BA I remember and so sorely miss... as I'm stuck in AF La Première.
Always the BA fanboy SFO , Ha !
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Well at least it is honest rather than “due to covid”. IE you can’t catch covid from the cabin service after takeoff but you can whilst sat at the gate. I think they really should reinstate pdbs now. Hot towels I can sort of understand (more in terms of how they were collected in) - and remember the bread basket pass in club where uou were often encouraged to reach in & grab a bread roll or pastry?!
endoman and TheFlyingCyclist like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
I should know this, but how do I check if the 777-300 for a specific flight has the new First?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VSLover
Yes, however it is at the wrong angle and offset to the centreline, too. Imagine looking at your home TV sitting well off-centre with the TV twisted on the bracket.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Midships
I should know this, but how do I check if the 777-300 for a specific flight has the new First?
Check expertflyer and aerolopa to compare the seat maps. You’re looking for 8F 76J on the new 77H.
Midships likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.