FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:43 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by MichielR
Ah here we go again, everyone’s favorite topic.

My kids have been frequent FCL/FCT and other lounge visitors and have behaved much better than many of the other guests. My kids don’t shout at their assistants through mobile phones, they remain polite to staff and they leave the lounges in a similar state to how they found them.

Not saying adults should be banned from the lounges as it is much more nuanced than that. It is about people’s behavior and that is valid for children as much as it is for adults.

You can’t blame parents who are going on holiday bringing their kids into the lounge. Maybe you can blame LH for not having enough capacity and at a stretch you could make a point that lounge access for family members should be restricted when lounges are at capacity. But mostly you can blame individual parents of misbehaving children and those of misbehaving adults as well, as pointless as it might be. Do not generalize and punish the well behaved families because of a few bad apples.
My thoughts exactly. Most kids I've seen or met in the FCL/FCT were lovely and very well behaved.
I think the issue lies in the lack of capacity, the lack of care from some parents and the fact that it appears everybody and their dog is at least FTL nowadays (*G can't actually bring more than one guest in to the lounge), which is of course untrue, but everybody is being cramped in to two or three lounges were there used to be ten or more so it does appear that way.

I personally have a distaste of overcrowded places and I do dislike the lack of quite areas in lounges, but banning the kids is not a solution imho... Banning ill behaved adults on the other hand... We might be on to something there.