FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LX Seating-thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2021, 2:59 am
59Impala
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
I am traveling on LX 41: ZRH-LAX in business (D Fare) and currently all the "free" seats are booked. Oddly, however, it won't even allow me the option to purchase a throne seat (on the flight over I am offered a throne seat for $219. On the app for my seat assignment on this flight, I get am ! message: "We have recorded your entry. Your advance seat reservation is presently being updated" however, I never choose a seat, or even had the ability to. Any thoughts on what's happening? Does this mean I am more likely to get an unreserved throne seat or unoccupied seat reserved for HON members at check-in?
Swiss seating does not work well, and Amadeus does have issues in this respect. I had 3 occasions in total (2 this year already), where a reserved seat in a party of 4 on a long-haul C class was removed for 1 single person. And I had no chance of getting a seat on swiss.com or the app, as it stated "my fare conditions do not allow" or similar, which however is simply not ture. I had to call in and get it fixed. Then there was an A/C change on the same booking, and the same thing happened again, seat missing for 1 person. Moreover, I was assigned different seats. As per LX policy, they actually guarantee the seat number on long-haul flights... yeah...

Solution:
Then i had the idea of checking via Lufthansa.com. And yes, I could assign the seat for the 4th person, and thereafter could view the seats on swiss.com and the app again.

if this works when purchasing a seat may be a different story, but give it a try.