LX Seating-thread

Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi,
Got a first time trip in First on Swiss 77W daytime flight from BKK-ZRH.
Travelling as a couple. I normally like a window seat while the better half has no preference.
Got all 4 window seats available or the middle seats in row 1 which we are in currently.
Is there any benefit of the window seats over the middle seat apart from able to speak to each other since we can still do companion dining anyway😀
Would be grateful for any advice.
flying as a couple, we were always in the middle seats. when I flew alone in the windows seat. But if you like to watch out of the window during the day time flight go for the window seats. the window seats have also slightly more storage space for accessories, you do not want to keep in the handbag...
Dselvan likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 3:54 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi,
Got a first time trip in First on Swiss 77W daytime flight from BKK-ZRH..
2 A&D for the daytime flight hands down.
- sense of space from the second row
- creates kind of a private compartment over the aisle (very little foot traffic) and the separator up beside 2 D.
- can still see each other and when sitting on the ottoman with seat belt fastened both can watch the scenery.
This said if you can "unlock" 2 G, the pair 2 G&K would be even better, the view on the Himalayas can be spectacular. On the port side you could see Mount Elbrus later tough, but might be disturbed by the sun.

Still upset about my only flight with the LH A380, ottoman in F can not be used for seating. too weak......

Enjoy, would love to be there, especially flying in the "right" direction.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by behuman
2 A&D for the daytime flight hands down.
- sense of space from the second row
- creates kind of a private compartment over the aisle (very little foot traffic) and the separator up beside 2 D.
- can still see each other and when sitting on the ottoman with seat belt fastened both can watch the scenery.
This said if you can "unlock" 2 G, the pair 2 G&K would be even better, the view on the Himalayas can be spectacular. On the port side you could see Mount Elbrus later tough, but might be disturbed by the sun.

Still upset about my only flight with the LH A380, ottoman in F can not be used for seating. too weak......

Enjoy, would love to be there, especially flying in the "right" direction.
Thank you. Unfortunately cant unlock 2G. Will speak to the wife to see if she will agree to change the middle seats since she likes talking to me constantly while I generally like the quietness and looking out of the window😂
Lets see if we get a compromise.
Old May 11, 2021, 5:54 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
I am on UA9728, which is ZRH-SFO, in September.

I don't know the Swiss flight number equivalent.

Looks like the J cabin has alternating rows of 1-2-2 or 2-2-1.

In the groups of 2 window seats, can the person next to the window reach the aisle easily or does the person next to him or her have to move out of the way?

Is it worth going for the Throne seats? According to Seatguru, some of the Thorne seats are misaligned with the windows, like 5K?
Old May 11, 2021, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by exp

In the groups of 2 window seats, can the person next to the window reach the aisle easily or does the person next to him or her have to move out of the way?

Is it worth going for the Throne seats? According to Seatguru, some of the Thorne seats are misaligned with the windows, like 5K?
ZRH SFO is LX38
if the person at the aisle seat sits, the passenger on the window seat can pass easily. If the seat is in lay flat (180 degrees) position, the person has to climb over the other...
throne seats reservation costs around 100 USD; if not bulkhead, they have a significantly smaller footwell
currently most flights are not full at all and you can switch to a free throne seat or free double seat 48 hours before departure by OLCI
Old May 11, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by exp

I'd go for a throne if you are travelling alsone as far as I can recall in C on A330,A340 and 777 window 2 seats reqire you to jump over someone Not conducive to a long flight -in C always a throne for me 4A 6A 5K or usually im in F in a window seat Hope that helps Just be aware the thrones are very narrow and you have to sleep on your side not back - but Im a tall guy
Old May 11, 2021, 10:42 pm
exp
Suspended

Originally Posted by BinSabai
ZRH SFO is LX38
if the person at the aisle seat sits, the passenger on the window seat can pass easily. If the seat is in lay flat (180 degrees) position, the person has to climb over the other...
throne seats reservation costs around 100 USD; if not bulkhead, they have a significantly smaller footwell
currently most flights are not full at all and you can switch to a free throne seat or free double seat 48 hours before departure by OLCI
​​​​​​​What is a double seat? Do you mean the seats which are grouped together in pairs?

Throne seat are narrower?

So it has wider tables but narrower seats?

I shift around between on the back and on the side.

Good to know though, thanks guys.
Old May 13, 2021, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by exp
What is a double seat? Do you mean the seats which are grouped together in pairs?

Throne seat are narrower?

So it has wider tables but narrower seats?

I shift around between on the back and on the side.

Good to know though, thanks guys.
yes I mean the the seats grouped together in pairs
throne seats have a more narrow footwell (except bulkhead), but wider tables
Old Aug 3, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
I am traveling on LX 41: ZRH-LAX in business (D Fare) and currently all the "free" seats are booked. Oddly, however, it won't even allow me the option to purchase a throne seat (on the flight over I am offered a throne seat for $219. On the app for my seat assignment on this flight, I get am ! message: "We have recorded your entry. Your advance seat reservation is presently being updated" however, I never choose a seat, or even had the ability to. Any thoughts on what's happening? Does this mean I am more likely to get an unreserved throne seat or unoccupied seat reserved for HON members at check-in?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 2:59 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
I am traveling on LX 41: ZRH-LAX in business (D Fare) and currently all the "free" seats are booked. Oddly, however, it won't even allow me the option to purchase a throne seat (on the flight over I am offered a throne seat for $219. On the app for my seat assignment on this flight, I get am ! message: "We have recorded your entry. Your advance seat reservation is presently being updated" however, I never choose a seat, or even had the ability to. Any thoughts on what's happening? Does this mean I am more likely to get an unreserved throne seat or unoccupied seat reserved for HON members at check-in?
Swiss seating does not work well, and Amadeus does have issues in this respect. I had 3 occasions in total (2 this year already), where a reserved seat in a party of 4 on a long-haul C class was removed for 1 single person. And I had no chance of getting a seat on swiss.com or the app, as it stated "my fare conditions do not allow" or similar, which however is simply not ture. I had to call in and get it fixed. Then there was an A/C change on the same booking, and the same thing happened again, seat missing for 1 person. Moreover, I was assigned different seats. As per LX policy, they actually guarantee the seat number on long-haul flights... yeah...

Solution:
Then i had the idea of checking via Lufthansa.com. And yes, I could assign the seat for the 4th person, and thereafter could view the seats on swiss.com and the app again.

if this works when purchasing a seat may be a different story, but give it a try.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:53 am
exp
Suspended

Well I’m within 48 hours of Lx38.

but I can’t access my booking on the website. Tried UA and LX booking codes, tried ticket number.

I can access my booking on the UA and LH websites but I can’t change seats on those sites for Lx flight.

I’m on hold with Lx US number, holding 8 minutes.

like Lh, they never seem to pick up.

so much for throne seat.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 12:43 pm
exp
Suspended

OK, I decided to try again since my Viber credit wasn't going down despite 10 minutes being on hold.

So after 70 minutes on hold or so, someone picked up but he had a bad accent and the call quality was horrible.

He told me 5K and 7A were the only throne seats available.

So I asked him to assign me 5K and then he put me on hold for another 10 minutes and he came back and said he couldn't make the change, said he should be able to but couldn't.

So I thanked him for trying and gave up.

Something was off with this booking, as I couldn't access it on swiss.com and he evidently couldn't pull it up with the LX confirmation number nor the ticket number.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by exp
Well Im within 48 hours of Lx38.

but I cant access my booking on the website. Tried UA and LX booking codes, tried ticket number.

I can access my booking on the UA and LH websites but I cant change seats on those sites for Lx flight.

Im on hold with Lx US number, holding 8 minutes.

like Lh, they never seem to pick up.

so much for throne seat.
if you can do OLCI on UA and LH site, you could change your seat then (within 24 hours before the flight)
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:08 pm
exp
Suspended

Yeah I'll take a look tomorrow.

But I did manage to find the booking on swiss.com. They appended my middle initial to my first name so I had to enter it that way for them to validate the name and the booking reference code.

I chose a throne seat but it doesn't seem to be saving.

Oh well.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:55 pm

Quick Business seating advice (A330-300)

Looking for some quick advice. I'll be flying ORD-ZRH in January with my wife in Business on the A330-300. We are currently in 6D/G but I am torn as to whether we should move to 5A/B in the mini-cabin for more privacy or perhaps move to 8D/G to be a little more removed from the galley. We are both relatively average height and I prefer a more "private" arrangement which is why I'm a little hesitant on the bulkhead in main. I've read that the lavatory noise for 5A/B is a non-issue (is this true?) but that there is a small compromise on space for the A/B pairings.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated! Open options are basically any pairing in Business except 4D/G and 5D/G.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.