FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA experience at Manchester
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:54 pm
txbrit

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Emerald Club Exec Elite,
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Hi all,

What is the bag drop experience like at MAN at the moment?

I remember it being terrible pre-pandemic, but less than 20 minutes to check in a bag in Club Europe for some of the early morning flights. How long have people been waiting for checking in bags for BA Club Europe, what with all the various document checks and the like.
Wish I could be the bearer of better news

I checked in on CE Desk this time last month around 10am - MAN-LHR-ORD - 3 in front of me and it took around 15-20 mins - one couple in front were going to Greece and were staying overnight in Heathrow, but checking bags though and it took forever, then the person in front of me was flying Royal Jordanian from LHR and insisted that the Agent try to change her Seat Assignment.

Took me a while to get checked in as even though I had VERIFLY - Agent insisted on seeing Paper Copies of everything - well my test.

It was a month ago, and I would say the time was more down to the people checking in, but at least I wasn't in the regular line.