FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Washington, D.C./White House REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:07 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Stayed here last night. Not bad by Hyatt Place standards... lotion was in the room (at many HPs you have to ask for it), and the bed covers seemed slightly thicker/nicer than most HPs (often at HPs they are nearly threadbare and they are low quality & thin to begin with). Soundproofing seemed poor (doesn't bother me but it seems to bother many), there was substantial street noise audible from a K Street-facing 6th floor room.

I had selected the comp 12:00 checkin (on the app, as an "add on" or whatever) and checked in online around noon, but when I arrived at 2:30 the app still didn't have me assigned to a room. The agent at the desk seemed a little flustered that my room wasn't ready (while I stood there, she radioed and asked whether a 10th floor room was ready "for a VIP" but it wasn't, so she then gave me a room on the 6th floor instead... presumably something was wrong with the original room). She handed me a little gift bag (with gift bag paper and everything, LOL) containing a water bottle, bag of Lays, and Kellogg protein/breakfast bar, nice touch. She offered 2 additional bottles of water on day of check-in and day of check-out.

Didn't try the breakfast but I'm not normally a fan of HP breakfast food anyhow.

I will probably return again at some point based on location & price... nothing special but nothing to avoid like the plague either.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Jul 29, 2021 at 1:02 pm