FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The EK Wine Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:40 am
CappuccinoAddict

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by flying_pig
The 2001 Mouton Rothschild was on the wine list back in mid 2018, as part of the “vintage collection” program (same time when they were serving the Dom P2, 1998 Margaux and a phenomenal 2005 Forts De Latour). At the time it was a rather regular feature in the F lounges (mostly leftovers from onboard service). I imagine EK might have a bit of stock left.

No “special” wines for F in MXP (there is no separate lounge area for F). I haven’t travelled from there in a couple of years, but I recall the wine selection to be perfectly decent. Mostly Italian except the French bubbles (although they also always had Ca Del Bosco, a very solid Franciacorta which I prefer to many champagne).
Thanks for this! It's a shame I'm not originating in DXB. That's good to know, I enjoy Ca Del Bosco so would be pleased to have that at the lounge.

Also, do you know if EK serves Dom on the ground at MXP? Apparently they do out of ATH (based on One Mile At a Time's recent trip report), but my understanding is that's an anomaly and it's usually Veuve on the ground for pre-departure drinks on board, and then Dom in the air?