FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:32 pm
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by nemenor
Given the ongoing travel ban and purely political reasoning of the current administration (so much about they only follow the science), I’m looking for workarounds as I have travel to Europe coming up soon which I do not want to cancel at all cost (non-permanent resident here, EU passport).

Apologies if it’s been discussed before - can I take a flight to Mexico, then proceed to Europe on separate ticket and return the same way?
Basically:
Ticket 1: US-Mexico
Ticket 2: Mexico - Europe - Mexico
Ticket 3: Mexico - US

Possible or does CBP have a way of knowing that I’ve been in Europe in between and send me to 2 week quarantine in Mexico on my way back?
Fully vaccinated in the US.

Disclaimer: Appreciate not being judged. Been patiently waiting for 1.5+ years, but don’t see an end to the ban in sight and am deeply disappointed about the handling of this by the Biden-Harris administration. When it comes to this, they’re exactly as political as the former one and not following the science at all.
If you try this, lie and are found out (and they can definitely find out), you risk being banned from entering the US for years if not life, not just sent to Mexico for two weeks. And generally, advocating and discussing illegal activities should probably not be done on FT or this thread if we want it to stay open.