FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:06 pm
nemenor

Given the ongoing travel ban and purely political reasoning of the current administration (so much about they only follow the science), I’m looking for workarounds as I have travel to Europe coming up soon which I do not want to cancel at all cost (non-permanent resident here, EU passport).

Apologies if it’s been discussed before - can I take a flight to Mexico, then proceed to Europe on separate ticket and return the same way?
Basically:
Ticket 1: US-Mexico
Ticket 2: Mexico - Europe - Mexico
Ticket 3: Mexico - US

Possible or does CBP have a way of knowing that I’ve been in Europe in between and send me to 2 week quarantine in Mexico on my way back?
Fully vaccinated in the US.

Disclaimer: Appreciate not being judged. Been patiently waiting for 1.5+ years, but don’t see an end to the ban in sight and am deeply disappointed about the handling of this by the Biden-Harris administration. When it comes to this, they’re exactly as political as the former one and not following the science at all.