FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:29 am
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DELee
Stay 4 nights and be one away whenever you want to click over to 1,000 nights.

Go after Hyatt Globalist?

David
Getting all but one night is kind of my plan!

Hyatt just. does. not. work. for. me. Their footprint is just waaaaay too small for me. While I go to Hong Kong and China--both have great Hyatt properties, that's about the extent where I'd get value from the program. In normal circumstances, nearly 1/2 of my annual nights are spent in suburbs, like NW of Philly where the nearest Hyatt property is a 40-minute drive (with tolls and having to cross into NJ) from where I conduct my business. (Hilton has 3 properties within 10 mins, Marriott even more). Another 10-15 nights/year would normally be spent at the Las Vegas Convention Center, I love the Renaissance right there--the Hyatt Place is a hike.

Originally Posted by hbtr
Is there a way to find out how close you are to LT Diamond, other than calling? I vaguely recall an earlier thread that said Hilton was planning on adding that info to their web site but if it’s there I can’t find it.
Originally Posted by Jaenks
No, not yet. Only option currently is to call.
Indeed, but I will say it's a quicker proposition than it used to be. I called to verify a few weeks ago and instead of them having to contact me later after they submit a request and someone runs a TPS report, it's now at their fingertips.