FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:51 pm
spgaston

Programs: AS MVPG
Just booked an award in Y FRA-SEA - tried to select paid seats on Condor site: "We regret to inform you that the online booking of special services is currently unavailable for technical reasons. Please contact our Service Center."
Called, and after a long wait was told that since AS is my "Travel Agent" only they can call to request seat assignments. Bizarre. I told them that wasn't going to happen and there must be some mistake. But apparently this is standard line from Condor? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28354727-post497.html
edit: just saw this upstream:

Originally Posted by tullera
Just in case this is helpful to someone...

Booked a Y redemption for PDX-FRA in July, 2 seats, 25k each, not a great deal but we've got miles to burn. Booked on the AS site no problem, but when I went to get seats on condor.com I got this message every time I logged in with our confirmation code:

We regret to inform you that the booking of special services is currently unavailable for technical reasons.

Called the number on the screen (866-960-7915) and was told they can only assign seats for mileage tickets during 9am-7pm German time. So called back this morning, they had to transfer me, and after about 10 minutes on hold (and some funky hold music, Condor, born to flyyyyyyyyyyyyy) they were able to assign seats, US$77.97 for both.

After many many years of flying from every other west coast city to europe, this will be my first PDX direct. Will report back.

Last edited by spgaston; Jul 20, 2021 at 2:15 pm Reason: found answer in thread