FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA resuming some flights to Canada
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:34 am
gcashin

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by emcampbe
they definitely also used to fly to Regina (I think, or maybe it was Saskatoon) from ORD, but maybe those flights ended pre-2020?

saw this on FB also. Issue is the frequency, unless they are updating this in a upcoming schedule update soon.

as an example, UA currently flies 1 CR5 (thats 50 seats!) daily ORD-YYZ, and that’s what’s in the schedule until 10/31 right now. Posted some of the [lack of] flights scheduled right now above. The only meaningful amount of capacity to Canada right now is coming from AC, which is still highly reduced from 2019, of course. Hopefully that does change sooner now. Right now, looking to book something in Oct, and thinking fares could spike on the limited amount of flights until more capacity is added.
Yes, UA did fly to other destinations in the past, but that service was stopped before 2020, presumably for commercial reasons. They'd flown to YQR, I believe YXS at one point, and then YYT, and YQM if you go a few years back. But those weren't operating in early 2020, so those stations were off the UA schedule well before COVID hit.

And yes, right now UA's schedule to Canada is very bare-bones. Looking from YYC, the only route I see through October is YYC-DEN (previously there was 2-3 daily DEN, 2 daily SFO, 2x IAH, 2-3xORD) as well. Hopefully they restore some service to resume some routes to Canada in the near future.