FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Edelweiss WK 66 ZRH-MLE cancellations - cause for concern?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 12:46 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Wtravel
The way I see it they should be happy if they have pax and jobs; and bad business practices reduces the chances of that. Ultimately, they are dependent on us and not the other way round, since it‘s not as if they have a monopoly offering here: there are numerous other (mostly cheaper) options to get from ZRH to MLE within the same time frame with them adding their unpublished stops.
Fair enough, no one stoping people to vote with their feet and go via DXB/DOH/IST or such on other carriers depending on what one prefers / feels is most competitive.

If they want to combine the flights as otherwise it would be uneconomical to operate, personally, I could accept that though I would wholeheartedly agree that such should be made known in advance and not "snuck in".

It can have consequences for inner Maldives onward transport and as such there must be transparency well in advance.