FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unbound Hotel Figueroa, (downtown LA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:45 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Hippo387
This takes the cake: the desk attendant could not/would not check me out when I left because he was doing an "audit." This was at 5am Saturday morning. He took down my email and said he would email my folio, which I received about 90m later. To my great surprise, the total was $100 more than what I booked at. Sure enough, there was a $25/n destination fee. I immediately called (5 min before boarding at LAX) after double-checking my booking. This was a) not disclosed on Hyatt's website; b) not present whatsoever in my confirmation email, and c) not verbally disclosed at checkin, all of which the desk attendant on the phone insisted must have happened. To his credit, he (clearly annoyed) did quickly offer to refund it, almost as if it was a truly known issue. I have not seen the refund yet but expect it to take a couple of days given the charge has not even posted yet. Regardless, despite the fact they just joined Hyatt, this is unacceptable and I imagine a significant number of people will get taken for this until Hyatt's website reflects it. I do plan to contact Hyatt about it as well but want to wait to see if they do in fact refund the $100.
I just went through the booking process on the App, and indeed, no disclosure at all of any "Destination Fee," including under the detailed cost breakdown on the final screen before you book.

Thanks for the review.