FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: M&M Elite Status Extensions?
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:07 am
yurtripper

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by cas_de
During today's virtual call for German speaking SEN and HON they stated that they are aware that the current situation and the restrictions that are still in place make it tough for people to requalify and that they are in the process of evaluating options for people to keep / extend their status. This still seems to be WIP and the next meeting to discuss options is scheduled to take place in two weeks. They didn't communicate anything in today's call, other than "we are aware of the situation, we are in discussions, we will notify the public within the next couple of months how we will proceed".
Originally Posted by 8mh
One rule applies to elites with expiry 02/21 but not to elites with expiry 02/22. One rule is for SEN and FTL but not HON.
Ridiculous that those who have 2019/2020 as qualifying years have been given extensions while those of us who are 2020/2021 are still being made to sweat. 2019 was entirely unaffected by the pandemic - that's obviously not the case for 2021 so the argument for giving an extension is surely stronger. Yet we are still being told to wait in limbo for another couple of months and maybe by around October we might find out where we stand.

As my A3 *G has just been extended for 12 months, I could make a stab at retaining FTL by year end if I knew for sure that an extension isn't going to be granted (eg a segment run similar to what Fabo.sk is considering). But if they don't even tell us until October or later where we stand then it's too late to take appropriate action.