FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: M&M Elite Status Extensions?
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:46 am
roc83

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Is there any news, official or unofficial, about further extensions, or is the extra status miles it?

So far I have 2 segments this year total, the rest of the year does not promise to be much better, and though I can sink 500 EUR to a week of hopping around Poland later this year, not sure it is the best of ideas. At the same time, I would like to keep my FTL as it looks more and more like I will be stuck with either one or two M&M airlines for my "commute" in the coming years.
I emailed Lufthansa some time ago about it as for me it is impossible to renew HON as I am based in Asia and travel restrictions are even more tight than in EU which makes traveling impossible (given mandatory quarantines and entry restrictions in Asia). Feedback was that they are currently evaluating whether measures are enough - my assumption from that reply is that there might be some additional goodwill on extensions/status miles/hon miles coming, but those might be depending on residency - given that LH made lots of promos on status miles etc. and opening of travel in EU.