FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: M&M Elite Status Extensions?
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:08 am
FlyerTalker324193
Suspended

Originally Posted by Concerto
About elite status extensions, AFKL offered an extension both last year and this year, along with the double XPs promotion. For me, personally anyway, they have handled the whole thing better than LH Group.
Absolutely. Even if we remain in the *A universe, other programs have been more straightforward. They gave straight-up status extensions and then ran promos granting extra EQM (or EQS...).

With M&M, you need to be a major nerd to follow along. Some colleagues of mine use M&M as their sole or, at least, primary program. They ask me what they need to do! What M&M has done is full of special rules. One rule applies to elites with expiry 02/21 but not to elites with expiry 02/22. One rule is for SEN and FTL but not HON. Another is just for HON. One rule applies to status miles (EQM), but not to select miles, HON miles, or RDM. Another applies to EQM and HON miles but not to the other categories. For another promo you need the right CC *and* elite status. Such a convoluted mess.

EDIT: I don't think it's a problem per se that a program has all the bells and whistles such as a 3-region award for the nerds. However, it's not good if you almost need a degree to understand the difference between status miles and status star points, flight segments, HON circle miles and select miles.
Plus promotions where you need like several nested if-then-else statements to describe how it affects different mileage categories.

Last edited by FlyerTalker324193; Jul 13, 2021 at 4:01 am